Tips For Putting Your Home On The Market
Thinking about putting your home on the market in the Spring? Check out our latest blog post for the full list of tips to help you get your home ready for sale…
1. Start by decluttering your home. Be sure to get rid of unnecessary items and pack away any personal items (i.e., family pictures), making sure everything is well-organized.
2. Make small repairs and updates to your home. This includes fixing leaks, painting, or replacing old fixtures.
3. Do a deep clean, including washing windows, scrubbing surfaces, and steam cleaning carpets and rugs.
4. Change out light bulbs to be the same warmth level throughout.
5. Consider staging your home by rearranging furniture and adding decorative touches to make it more attractive to potential buyers.
6. Work with a real estate agent to develop a marketing plan.
7. Determine a fair and competitive price for your home based on comparable properties in your area.
8. Provide your realtor with a short list of items that you have recently updated around the house as well as a separate list of things you love about your home. These items can be included within your MLS listing.
8. Take professional pictures of your home.
9. List your home for sale.
10. Be prepared to negotiate with potential buyers and be open to feedback about your home.
Get in touch with one of our realtors even if you’re not quite ready to sell. We can give you our valuable expert advice about listing your home for sale – no strings attached.