1. Create a Gorgeous Home Theater
Entertainment is one of the top things most people look forward to at the end of the day, so it’s a good idea to include this as part of your home upgrades. Whether you’re into horror movies or love a great romcom, it’s important that you create a space where sound is absorbed, light is gone, and incredibly comfortable seating is aimed at a huge screen.
Sound-absorbing panels will help stop loudspeakers from overwhelming the entire home while having the added bonus of stopping noises from the rest of the house from making their way into the theater.
This is especially awesome if you have kids or a family in the home since you can make awesome theater nights every weekend for far cheaper than it would cost to go out to a theater!
2. Finish or Upgrade Your Garage
Upgrading your garage flooring is a must. In 2023 many homeowners are going to be turning their attention to finishing their garages and turning these areas into spaces they’re proud to show off. From beautiful epoxy-coated floors, to ground to ceiling storage and incredible lighting and gadgets, your guests will fall in love with this space despite the fact that garages are so often overlooked.
When upgrading your garage, take the time to consider adding extra windows and make sure the entire space is well-insulated. Although you don’t want to add this area to your HVAC system, it should still be comfortable to use and walk out into, regardless of the time of year.
Replacing your garage door is another step to consider. This project adds the largest return on investment for any home project, so it’s important to think if it’s time to do this.
3. Create Awesome Outdoor Lounging Areas
We all want more time outside, and the fastest way to do that is to create more outdoor spaces on our properties. These outdoor lounging areas can be decks, extended patios, outdoor kitchens, pergolas, or anything else that feels like home to you.
Make sure that whatever outdoor flooring you have (whether it be decking, concrete, outdoor tile, etc.) is well-finished with a good epoxy or coating to protect it from the elements. The last thing you want is your investment going to waste.
Remember to also boost greenery using native plants. Local plants that are native to the area you live in are making a huge splash right now and will become a larger talking point in the new year as people use these plants to conserve water and allow their lawns to feel more like a part of the environment they’re in. This also adds visual intrigue and can help pollinators return to the area.
4. Use Natural Stone and Wood Finishes
Although white kitchens are still popular to a degree, there are details being added that break up that bright lack of color. Natural-looking wood and manufactured stone veneer have become increasingly popular and will be winning everyone’s attention in 2023.
These natural-looking accents allow your home to seem cleaner, more accessible, and more comfortable. This was first spotted in luxury homes in mid-2022 and is expected to hit the rest of the country in early 2023.
5. Update Your Flooring to Impress
Your flooring is the part of your property that your body is in contact with more than any other, so it’s a good idea to make it impressive! In 2023 many homeowners are going to be focusing on adding flooring that’s as eye-catching and attractive as possible while also being incredibly sturdy.
Heated flooring is a great detail that keeps coming up, as well as soft finishes on wood that allow your feet to feel borderline cradled with every step. Make sure to use water and moisture-resistant flooring in areas like bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms to be safe.
6. Reinvent Your Storage Spaces
A third of Americans currently have storage space off of their property to hold things they have no room for a home. When building out your property, take the time to build better storage spaces that speak to what your home needs.
You can make storage look better if you add molding to cabinets, but the main focus should be what’s inside. Cabinet walls have become extremely popular for areas like dining rooms and home offices, where you can fit incredible amounts of documents and belongings within these doors.
2023 Interior Color Trends
- Olive Green: A versatile, warm, and rich color that creates a calming effect and is perfect for accent walls or statement pieces.
- Dusty Blue: A soft and muted shade that brings a feeling of serenity and tranquility to a room, especially when paired with natural materials like wood and linen.
- Wine Red: A bold and dramatic hue that adds a touch of sophistication and elegance to a space, particularly when used as an accent color in a neutral room.
- Burgundy: A deep and rich color that evokes a sense of luxury and comfort, and is ideal for creating a cozy and intimate atmosphere.
- Mustard Yellow: A cheerful and bright shade that adds a pop of color to a room and creates a warm and inviting ambiance.
- Emerald Green: A bright and vibrant color that is perfect for adding a touch of nature and freshness to a room, particularly when paired with neutral shades like beige and gray.
- Powder Pink: A soft and romantic shade that is perfect for creating a feminine and delicate atmosphere, particularly in a bedroom or bathroom.
- Rust Orange: A warm and earthy hue that is perfect for creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere, particularly in a living room or dining room.
- Lavender: A soft and soothing shade that is perfect for creating a relaxing and calming atmosphere, particularly in a bedroom or bathroom.
- Gold: A luxurious and elegant color that adds a touch of glamour and sophistication to a room, particularly when used as an accent color in a neutral room.